Definitions of decline:
- noun: change toward something smaller or lower
- noun: a condition inferior to an earlier condition; a gradual falling off from a better state
- noun: a gradual decrease; as of stored charge or current
- noun: a downward slope or bend
- verb: go down
Example: "The roof declines here"
- verb: grow smaller
- verb: inflect for number, gender, case, etc., "in many languages, speakers decline nouns, pronouns, and adjectives"
- verb: go down in value
- verb: show unwillingness towards
Example: "He declined to join the group on a hike"
- verb: grow worse
- verb: refuse to accept
Search for decline at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Use in a sentence...
Copyright © 2020 Datamuse