Definitions of declaration:
- noun: a statement that is emphatic and explicit (spoken or written)
- noun: (law) unsworn statement that can be admitted in evidence in a legal transaction
Example: "His declaration of innocence"
- noun: a statement of taxable goods or of dutiable properties
- noun: a formal expression by a meeting; agreed to by a vote
- noun: (contract bridge) the highest bid becomes the contract setting the number of tricks that the bidder must make
- noun: a formal public statement
Example: "A declaration of independence"
Search for declaration at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse