Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of debate:
- noun: the formal presentation of and opposition to a stated proposition (usually followed by a vote)
- noun: a discussion in which reasons are advanced for and against some proposition or proposal
- verb: argue with one another
Example: "We debated the question of abortion"
- verb: discuss the pros and cons of an issue
- verb: think about carefully; weigh
- verb: have an argument about something
Search for debate at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...