Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of dean:
- noun: an administrator in charge of a division of a university or college
- noun: (Roman Catholic Church) the head of the College of Cardinals
- noun: a man who is the senior member of a group
Example: "He is the dean of foreign correspondents"
- noun: United States film actor whose moody rebellious roles made him a cult figure (1931-1955)
- name: A male given name (common: 1 in 961 males; popularity rank in the U.S.: #173)
- name: A surname (common: 1 in 2222 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #236)
- name: A female given name (rare: 1 in 33333 females; popularity rank in the U.S.: #1701)
Search for dean at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...