Definitions of deadly:
- adjective: involving loss of divine grace or spiritual death
Example: "The seven deadly sins"
- adjective: extremely poisonous or injurious; producing venom
- adjective: (of a disease) having a rapid course and violent effect
- adjective: causing or capable of causing death
Example: "A deadly enemy"
- adjective: of an instrument of certain death
Example: "Deadly poisons"
- adjective: exceedingly harmful
- adverb: as if produced by death
Example: "Deadly pale"
- adverb: as if dead
- adverb: (used as intensives) extremely
Example: "Deadly dull"
Search for deadly at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse