Definitions of dawn:
- noun: the earliest period
Example: "The dawn of civilization"
- noun: the first light of day
Example: "We got up before dawn"
- noun: an opening time period
Example: "It was the dawn of the Roman Empire"
- verb: appear or develop
Example: "The age of computers had dawned"
- verb: become light
Example: "It started to dawn, and we had to get up"
- verb: become clear or enter one's consciousness or emotions
Example: "It dawned on him that she had betrayed him"
- name: A female given name (common: 1 in 495 females; popularity rank in the U.S.: #105)
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #19735)
Search for dawn at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Privacy, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2014 Datamuse