Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of date:
- noun: sweet edible fruit of the date palm with a single long woody seed
- noun: a meeting arranged in advance
Example: "She asked how to avoid kissing at the end of a date"
- noun: a participant in a date
Example: "His date never stopped talking"
- noun: the present
Example: "They are up to date"
- noun: the specified day of the month
Example: "What is the date today?"
- noun: a particular day specified as the time something will happen
Example: "The date of the election is set by law"
- noun: the particular day, month, or year (usually according to the Gregorian calendar) that an event occurred
Example: "He tried to memorizes all the dates for his history class"
- noun: a particular but unspecified point in time
Example: "They hoped to get together at an early date"
- verb: go on a date with
- verb: assign a date to; determine the (probable) date of
Example: "Scientists often cannot date precisely archeological or prehistorical findings"
- verb: provide with a dateline; mark with a date
Example: "She wrote the letter on Monday but she dated it Saturday so as not to reveal that she procrastinated"
- verb: stamp with a date
Example: "The package is dated November 24"
- verb: date regularly; have a steady relationship with
Search for date at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...
Copyright © 2018 Datamuse