Definitions of dado:
- noun: a rectangular groove cut into a board so that another piece can fit into it
- noun: the section of a pedestal between the base and the surbase
- noun: panel forming the lower part of an interior wall when it is finished differently from the rest
- verb: provide with a dado
Example: "The owners wanted to dado their dining room"
- verb: cut a dado into or fit into a dado
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #57773)
Search for dado at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse