Definitions of curse:
- noun: profane or obscene expression usually of surprise or anger
- noun: a severe affliction
- noun: something causes misery or death
- noun: an evil spell
Example: "A witch put a curse on his whole family"
- noun: an appeal to some supernatural power to inflict evil on someone or some group
- verb: utter obscenities or profanities
- verb: wish harm upon; invoke evil upon
Example: "The bad witch cursed the child"
- verb: heap obscenities upon
Example: "The taxi driver who felt he didn't get a high enough tip cursed the passenger"
- verb: exclude from a church or a religious community
Search for curse at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse