Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of culture:
- noun: the raising of plants or animals
Example: "The culture of oysters"
- noun: (biology) the growing of microorganisms in a nutrient medium (such as gelatin or agar)
Example: "The culture of cells in a Petri dish"
- noun: the tastes in art and manners that are favored by a social group
- noun: the attitudes and behavior that are characteristic of a particular social group or organization
Example: "The developing drug culture"
- noun: a particular society at a particular time and place
- noun: (bacteriology) the product of cultivating micro-organisms in a nutrient medium
- noun: all the knowledge and values shared by a society
- noun: a highly developed state of perfection; having a flawless or impeccable quality
Search for culture at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...