Synonyms / Related
Definitions of culminate:
- verb: reach the highest or most decisive point
- verb: bring to a head or to the highest point
Example: "Seurat culminated pointillism"
- verb: end, especially to reach a final or climactic stage
Example: "The meeting culminated in a tearful embrace"
- verb: rise to, or form, a summit
Example: "The helmet culminated in a crest"
- verb: of a celestial body: reach its highest altitude or the meridian
Search for culminate at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...