Definitions of crush:
- noun: the act of crushing
- noun: a dense crowd of people
- noun: leather that has had its grain pattern accentuated
- noun: temporary love of an adolescent
- verb: break into small pieces
Example: "The car crushed the toy"
- verb: become injured, broken, or distorted by pressure
Example: "The plastic bottle crushed against the wall"
- verb: humiliate or depress completely
Example: "She was crushed by his refusal of her invitation"
- verb: make ineffective
- verb: crush or bruise
- verb: to compress with violence, out of natural shape or condition
Example: "Crush an aluminum can"
- verb: come down on or keep down by unjust use of one's authority
- verb: come out better in a competition, race, or conflict
Search for crush at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse