Definitions of crunch:
- noun: the sound of something crunching
Example: "He heard the crunch of footsteps on the gravel path"
- noun: a critical situation that arises because of a shortage (as a shortage of time or money or resources)
Example: "An end-of-the year crunch"
- noun: the act of crushing
- verb: make crunching noises
Example: "His shoes were crunching on the gravel"
- verb: chew noisily
Example: "The children crunched the celery sticks"
- verb: press or grind with a crunching noise
- verb: reduce to small pieces or particles by pounding or abrading
Search for crunch at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Privacy, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse