Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of crow:
- noun: black birds having a raucous call
- noun: a Siouan language spoken by the Crow people
- noun: the cry of a cock (or an imitation of it)
- noun: a member of the Siouan people formerly living in eastern Montana
- noun: a small quadrilateral constellation in the southern hemisphere near Virgo
- noun: an instance of boastful talk
- verb: express pleasure verbally
Example: "She crowed with joy"
- verb: utter shrill sounds
Example: "The cocks crowed all morning"
- verb: dwell on with satisfaction
- name: A surname (common: 1 in 10000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #1181)
Search for crow at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...