Definitions of critical:
- adjective: of or involving or characteristic of critics or criticism
Example: "Critical acclaim"
- adjective: marked by a tendency to find and call attention to errors and flaws
Example: "A critical attitude"
- adjective: characterized by careful evaluation and judgment
Example: "A critical reading"
- adjective: being in or verging on a state of crisis or emergency
Example: "A critical shortage of food"
- adjective: at or of a point at which a property or phenomenon suffers an abrupt change especially having enough mass to sustain a chain reaction
Example: "A critical temperature of water is 100 degrees C--its boiling point at standard atmospheric pressure"
- adjective: forming or having the nature of a turning point or crisis
Example: "A critical point in the campaign"
- adjective: urgently needed; absolutely necessary
Example: "A critical element of the plan"
Search for critical at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2020 Datamuse