Definitions of crimson:
- noun: a deep and vivid red
- verb: turn red, as if in embarrassment or shame
- adjective: characterized by violence or bloodshed
Example: "Writes of crimson deeds and barbaric days- Andrea Parke"
- adjective: (especially of the face) reddened or suffused with or as if with blood from emotion or exertion
Example: "Crimson with fury"
- adjective: having any of numerous bright or strong colors reminiscent of the color of blood or cherries or tomatoes or rubies
Search for crimson at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse