Definitions of cry:
- noun: a fit of weeping
Example: "Had a good cry"
- noun: a loud utterance; often in protest or opposition
- noun: a loud utterance of emotion (especially when inarticulate)
Example: "A cry of rage"
- noun: the characteristic utterance of an animal
- noun: a slogan used to rally support for a cause
Example: "A cry to arms"
- verb: shed tears because of sadness, rage, or pain
- verb: bring into a particular state by crying
- verb: proclaim or announce in public
Example: "Before we had newspapers, a town cryer would cry the news"
- verb: utter a characteristic sound
Example: "The cat was crying"
- verb: demand immediate action
Example: "This situation is crying for attention"
- verb: utter aloud; often with surprise, horror, or joy
- verb: utter a sudden loud cry
Search for cry at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse