Definitions of crawl:
- noun: a slow creeping mode of locomotion (on hands and knees or dragging the body)
Example: "A crawl was all that the injured man could manage"
- noun: a very slow movement
Example: "The traffic advanced at a crawl"
- noun: a swimming stroke; arms are moved alternately overhead accompanied by a flutter kick
- verb: be crawling with
Example: "The old cheese was crawling with maggots"
- verb: feel as if crawling with insects
Example: "My skin crawled--I was terrified"
- verb: move slowly; in the case of people or animals with the body near the ground
Example: "The crocodile was crawling along the riverbed"
- verb: swim by doing the crawl
Example: "They often don't know how to crawl"
- verb: show submission or fear
Search for crawl at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse