Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of crash:
- noun: the act of colliding with something
Example: "His crash through the window"
- noun: a serious accident (usually involving one or more vehicles)
Example: "They are still investigating the crash of the TWA plane"
- noun: a sudden large decline of business or the prices of stocks (especially one that causes additional failures)
- noun: (computer science) an event that causes a computer system to become inoperative
Example: "The crash occurred during a thunderstorm and the system has been down ever since"
- noun: a loud resonant repeating noise
- verb: move with, or as if with, a crashing noise
Example: "The car crashed through the glass door"
- verb: occupy, usually uninvited
Example: "My son's friends crashed our house last weekend"
- verb: stop operating
Example: "My computer crashed last night"
- verb: undergo a sudden and severe downturn
Example: "The economy crashed"
- verb: hurl or thrust violently
- verb: undergo damage or destruction on impact
Example: "The plane crashed into the ocean"
- verb: break violently or noisily; smash;
- verb: cause to crash
Example: "The terrorists crashed the car into the gate of the palace"
- verb: fall or come down violently
Example: "The branch crashed down on my car"
- verb: move violently as through a barrier
Example: "The terrorists crashed the gate"
- verb: enter uninvited; informal
Example: "Let's crash the party!"
- verb: sleep in a convenient place
Example: "You can crash here, though it's not very comfortable"
Search for crash at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Use in a sentence...