Synonyms / Related
Definitions of crank:
- noun: a hand tool consisting of a rotating shaft with parallel handle
- noun: a whimsically eccentric person
- noun: a bad-tempered person
- noun: amphetamine used in the form of a crystalline hydrochloride; used as a stimulant to the nervous system and as an appetite suppressant
- verb: bend into the shape of a crank
- verb: fasten with a crank
- verb: rotate with a crank
- verb: start by cranking
Example: "Crank up the engine"
- verb: travel along a zigzag path
- adjective: (used of boats) inclined to heel over easily under sail
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #8583)
Search for crank at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...