Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of crackle:
- noun: glazed china with a network of fine cracks on the surface
- noun: the sharp sound of snapping noises
- verb: to become, or to cause to become, covered with a network of small cracks
Example: "The blazing sun crackled the desert sand"
- verb: make a crackling sound
Example: "My Rice Crispies crackled in the bowl"
- verb: make crunching noises
- adjective: having the surface decorated with a network of fine cracks, as in crackleware
Example: "A crackle glaze"
Search for crackle at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Use in a sentence...