Definitions of coy:
- adjective: affectedly modest or shy especially in a playful or provocative way
- adjective: modestly or warily rejecting approaches or overtures
Example: "Like a wild young colt, very inquisitive but very coy and not to be easily cajoled"
- adjective: showing marked and often playful or irritating evasiveness or reluctance to make a definite or committing statement
Example: "A politician coy about his intentions"
- name: A male given name (rare: 1 in 10000 males; popularity rank in the U.S.: #693)
- name: A surname (common: 1 in 20000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #2526)
Search for coy at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse