The couplet contest goes meta: This month's theme is procrastination
Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of course:
- noun: a mode of action
Example: "If you persist in that course you will surely fail"
- noun: education imparted in a series of lessons or class meetings
Example: "He took a course in basket weaving"
- noun: facility consisting of a circumscribed area of land or water laid out for a sport
Example: "The course had only nine holes"
- noun: (construction) a layer of masonry
Example: "A course of bricks"
- noun: part of a meal served at one time
Example: "She prepared a three course meal"
- noun: a connected series of events or actions or developments
Example: "The government took a firm course"
- noun: general line of orientation
Example: "The river takes a southern course"
- noun: a line or route along which something travels or moves
Example: "The course of the river"
- verb: move swiftly through or over
- verb: hunt with hounds
Example: "He often courses hares"
- verb: move along, of liquids
- adverb: as might be expected
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #57858)
Search for course at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...
Copyright © 2017 Datamuse