Definitions of couple:
- noun: a pair who associate with one another
Example: "The engaged couple"
- noun: a pair of people who live together
Example: "A married couple from Chicago"
- noun: something joined by two equal and opposite forces that act along parallel lines
- noun: two items of the same kind
- noun: a small indefinite number
Example: "He's coming for a couple of days"
- verb: link together
Example: "Can we couple these proposals?"
- verb: bring two objects, ideas, or people together
Example: "This fact is coupled to the other one"
- verb: form a pair or pairs
- verb: make love
Search for couple at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Privacy, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2014 Datamuse