Definitions of country:
- noun: the territory occupied by a nation
- noun: an area outside of cities and towns
Example: "His poetry celebrated the slower pace of life in the country"
- noun: a particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography)
Example: "Bible country"
- noun: the people who live in a nation or country
Example: "The whole country worshipped him"
- noun: a politically organized body of people under a single government
Example: "The country's largest manufacturer"
Search for country at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse