Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of costume:
- noun: the attire worn in a play or at a fancy dress ball
Example: "He won the prize for best costume"
- noun: the attire characteristic of a country or a time or a social class
Example: "He wore his national costume"
- noun: unusual or period attire not characteristic of or appropriate to the time and place
Example: "In spite of the heat he insisted on his woolen costume"
- noun: the prevalent fashion of dress (including accessories and hair style as well as garments)
- verb: furnish with costumes; as for a film or play
- verb: dress in a costume
Search for costume at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...