Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of correct:
- verb: treat a defect
Example: "The new contact lenses will correct for his myopia"
- verb: make right or correct
Example: "Correct the mistakes"
- verb: punish in order to gain control or enforce obedience
- verb: adjust or make up for
Example: "Engineers will work to correct the effects or air resistance"
- verb: alter or regulate so as to achieve accuracy or conform to a standard
Example: "Correct the alignment of the front wheels"
- verb: go down in value
Example: "The stock market corrected"
- verb: make reparations or amends for
- verb: censure severely
- adjective: socially right or correct
Example: "Correct behavior"
- adjective: in accord with accepted standards of usage or procedure
- adjective: free from error; especially conforming to fact or truth
Example: "The correct answer"
- adjective: correct in opinion or judgment
Search for correct at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Descriptive words for correct (New!)
Copyright © 2016 Datamuse