Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of corner:
- noun: the intersection of two streets
Example: "Standing on the corner watching all the girls go by"
- noun: (architecture) solid exterior angle of a building; especially one formed by a cornerstone
- noun: an interior angle formed be two meeting walls
Example: "A piano was in one corner of the room"
- noun: the point where two lines meet or intersect
Example: "The corners of a rectangle"
- noun: a place off to the side of an area
Example: "He tripled to the rightfield corner"
- noun: a remote area
Example: "In many corners of the world they still practice slavery"
- noun: the point where three areas or surfaces meet or intersect
Example: "The corners of a cube"
- noun: a projecting part that is corner-shaped
Example: "He knocked off the corners"
- noun: a predicament from which a skillful or graceful escape is impossible
Example: "His lying got him into a tight corner"
- noun: a temporary monopoly on a kind of commercial trade
Example: "A corner on the silver market"
- noun: a small concavity
- verb: gain control over
Example: "Corner the gold market"
- verb: turn a corner
Example: "The car corners"
- verb: force a person or an animal into a position from which he cannot escape
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #10372)
Search for corner at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...
Copyright © 2018 Datamuse