Definitions of cork:
- noun: the plug in the mouth of a bottle (especially a wine bottle)
- noun: a port city in southern Ireland
- noun: outer bark of the cork oak; used for stoppers for bottles etc.
- noun: (botany) outer tissue of bark; a protective layer of dead cells
- noun: a small float usually made of cork; attached to a fishing line
- verb: stuff with cork
Example: "The baseball player stuffed his bat with cork to make it lighter"
- verb: close a bottle with a cork
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 50000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #6879)
Search for cork at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse