Definitions of cord:
- noun: a line made of twisted fibers or threads
Example: "The bundle was tied with a cord"
- noun: a cut pile fabric with vertical ribs; usually made of cotton
- noun: a light insulated conductor for household use
- noun: a unit of amount of wood cut for burning; 128 cubic feet
- verb: bind or tie with a cord
- verb: stack in cords
Example: "Cord firewood"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #41066)
Search for cord at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia