Definitions of copy:
- noun: a secondary representation of an original
Example: "She made a copy of the designer dress"
- noun: matter to be printed; exclusive of graphical materials
- noun: material suitable for a journalistic account
Example: "Catastrophes make good copy"
- noun: a reproduction of a written record (e.g. of a legal or school record)
- verb: make a replica of
Example: "Copy that drawing"
- verb: copy down as is
Example: "The students were made to copy the alphabet over and over"
- verb: biology: reproduce or make an exact copy of
Example: "Copy the genetic information"
- verb: reproduce someone's behavior or looks
Example: "Children often copy their parents or older siblings"
Search for copy at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster
Announcing the 2014-2015 RhymeZone Poetry Prize. Deadline is February 1!
Copyright © 2014 Datamuse