Definitions of cook:
- noun: someone who cooks food
- noun: English navigator who claimed the east coast of Australia for Britain and discovered several Pacific islands (1728-1779)
- verb: transform and make suitable for consumption by heating
Example: "These potatoes have to cook for 20 minutes"
- verb: transform by heating
Example: "The apothecary cooked the medicinal mixture in a big iron kettle"
- verb: prepare for eating by applying heat
Example: "Cook me dinner, please"
- verb: prepare a hot meal
Example: "My husband doesn't cook"
- verb: fake or falsify
Example: "Cook the books"
- name: A surname (very common: 1 in 833 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #56)
Search for cook at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse