Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of convulse:
- verb: be overcome with laughter
- verb: make someone convulse with laughter
Example: "The comedian convulsed the crowd"
- verb: contract involuntarily, as in a spasm
Example: "The muscles in her face convulsed"
- verb: cause to contract
Example: "The spasm convulses her facial muscles"
- verb: shake uncotrollably
Example: "Earthquakes convulsed the countryside"
- verb: move or stir about violently
Search for convulse at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...