Definitions of convertible:
- noun: a car that has top that can be folded or removed
- noun: a sofa that can be converted into a bed
- noun: a corporate security (usually bonds or preferred stock) that can be exchanged for another form of security (usually common stock)
- adjective: capable of being changed in substance as if by alchemy
- adjective: capable of being exchanged for or replaced by something of equal value
Example: "Convertible securities"
- adjective: designed to be changed from one use or form to another
Example: "A convertible sofa"
Search for convertible at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse