Synonyms / Related
Definitions of contradictory:
- noun: two propositions are contradictories if both cannot be true (or both cannot be false) at the same time
- adjective: of words or propositions so related that both cannot be true and both cannot be false
Example: "`perfect' and `imperfect' are contradictory terms"
- adjective: unable to be both true at the same time
- adjective: that confounds or contradicts or confuses
- adjective: in disagreement
Example: "Contradictory attributes of unjust justice and loving vindictiveness- John Morley"
Search for contradictory at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...