Definitions of continue:
- verb: keep or maintain in unaltered condition; cause to remain or last
Example: "Continue the family tradition"
- verb: continue a certain state, condition, or activity
Example: "We continued to work into the night"
- verb: continue after an interruption
Example: "The demonstration continued after a break for lunch"
- verb: carry forward
Example: "We continued our research into the cause of the illness"
- verb: continue with one's activities
Example: "I know it's hard, he continued, but there is no choice"
- verb: exist over a prolonged period of time
Example: "The bad weather continued for two more weeks"
- verb: allow to remain in a place or position
Example: "We cannot continue several servants any longer"
- verb: continue in a place, position, or situation
Example: "She continued as deputy mayor for another year"
- verb: move ahead; travel onward in time or space
Example: "She continued in the direction of the hills"
Search for continue at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse