Definitions of content:
- noun: the sum or range of what has been perceived, discovered, or learned
- noun: everything that is included in a collection
Example: "He emptied the contents of his pockets"
- noun: the proportion of a substance that is contained in a mixture or alloy etc.
- noun: something (a person or object or scene) selected by an artist or photographer for graphic representation
- noun: what a communication that is about something is about
- noun: the amount that can be contained
- noun: the state of being contented with your situation in life
Example: "He relaxed in sleepy contentedness"
- verb: satisfy in a limited way
Example: "He contented himself with one glass of beer per day"
- verb: make content
Example: "I am contented"
- adjective: satisfied or showing satisfaction with things as they are
Example: "A contented smile"
Search for content at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Privacy, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2014 Datamuse