Definitions of contact:
- noun: close interaction
Example: "They kept in daily contact"
- noun: the act of touching physically
Example: "Her fingers came in contact with the light switch"
- noun: (electronics) a junction where things (as two electrical conductors) touch or are in physical contact
Example: "They forget to solder the contacts"
- noun: a thin curved glass or plastic lens designed to fit over the cornea in order to correct vision or to deliver medication
- noun: a communicative interaction
Example: "The pilot made contact with the base"
- noun: the physical coming together of two or more things
Example: "Contact with the pier scraped paint from the hull"
- noun: a person who is in a position to give you special assistance
Example: "He used his business contacts to get an introduction to the governor"
- noun: the state or condition of touching or of being in immediate proximity
Example: "Litmus paper turns red on contact with an acid"
- noun: a channel for communication between groups
- verb: be in or establish communication with
Example: "He never contacted his children after he emigrated to Australia"
- verb: be in direct physical contact with; make contact
Example: "The wire must not contact the metal cover"
Search for contact at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2020 Datamuse