Definitions of connection:
- noun: shifting from one form of transportation to another
Example: "The plane was late and he missed his connection in Atlanta"
- noun: an instrumentality that connects
Example: "He soldered the connection"
- noun: a supplier (especially of narcotics)
- noun: (usually plural) a person who is influential and to whom you are connected in some way (as by family or friendship)
Example: "He has powerful connections"
- noun: a relation between things or events (as in the case of one causing the other or sharing features with it)
Example: "There was a connection between eating that pickle and having that nightmare"
- noun: a connecting shape
- noun: the state of being connected
Example: "The connection between church and state is inescapable"
- noun: the act of bringing two things into contact (especially for communication)
Example: "There was a connection via the internet"
- noun: the process of bringing ideas or events together in memory or imagination
Search for connection at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse