Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of connect:
- verb: establish a rapport or relationship
Example: "The President of this university really connects with the faculty"
- verb: be or become joined or united or linked
Example: "The two streets connect to become a highway"
- verb: be scheduled so as to provide continuing service, as in transportation
Example: "The local train does not connect with the Amtrak train"
- verb: join for the purpose of communication
Example: "Operator, could you connect me to the Raffles in Singapore?"
- verb: join by means of communication equipment
Example: "The telephone company finally put in lines to connect the towns in this area"
- verb: land on or hit solidly
Example: "The brick connected on her head, knocking her out"
- verb: connect, fasten, or put together two or more pieces
Example: "Can you connect the two loudspeakers?"
- verb: hit or play a ball successfully
Example: "The batter connected for a home run"
- verb: plug into an outlet
Example: "Connect the TV so we can watch the football game tonight"
- verb: establish communication with someone
Example: "Did you finally connect with your long-lost cousin?"
- verb: make a logical or causal connection
Example: "I cannot connect these two pieces of evidence in my mind"
Search for connect at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...