Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of confusion:
- noun: a mistake that results from taking one thing to be another
Example: "He changed his name in order to avoid confusion with the notorious outlaw"
- noun: an act causing a disorderly combination of elements with identities lost and distinctions blended
Example: "The confusion of tongues at the Tower of Babel"
- noun: a mental state characterized by a lack of clear and orderly thought and behavior
Example: "A confusion of impressions"
- noun: a feeling of embarrassment that leaves you confused
- noun: disorder resulting from a failure to behave predictably
Example: "The army retreated in confusion"
Search for confusion at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Descriptive words for confusion (New!)
Announcing the 2016 RhymeZone Poetry Prize
Read and comment on a recent entry: My community: COFFEE MADNESS
Copyright © 2016 Datamuse