Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of condition:
- noun: the procedure that is varied in order to estimate a variable's effect by comparison with a control condition
- noun: an assumption on which rests the validity or effect of something else
- noun: (usually plural) a statement of what is required as part of an agreement
Example: "The contract set out the conditions of the lease"
- noun: a mode of being or form of existence of a person or thing
Example: "The human condition"
- noun: a state at a particular time
Example: "A condition (or state) of disrepair"
- noun: the state of (good) health (especially in the phrases `in condition' or `in shape' or `out of condition' or `out of shape')
- noun: information that should be kept in mind when making a decision
- verb: establish a conditioned response
- verb: apply conditioner to in order to make smooth and shiny
Example: "I condition my hair after washing it"
- verb: put into a better state
Example: "He conditions old cars"
- verb: specify as a condition or requirement in a contract or agreement; make an express demand or provision in an agreement
- verb: train by instruction and practice; especially to teach self-control
Search for condition at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...
Copyright © 2018 Datamuse