Definitions of compromise:
- noun: a middle way between two extremes
- noun: an accommodation in which both sides make concessions
Example: "The newly elected congressmen rejected a compromise because they considered it `business as usual'"
- verb: settle by concession
- verb: make a compromise; arrive at a compromise
Example: "We all must compromise"
- verb: expose or make liable to danger, suspicion, or disrepute
Example: "The nuclear secrets of the state were compromised by the spy"
Search for compromise at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse