Definitions of complex:
- noun: a conceptual whole made up of complicated and related parts
Example: "The complex of shopping malls, houses, and roads created a new town"
- noun: (psychoanalysis) a combination of emotions and impulses that have been rejected from awareness but still influence a person's behavior
- noun: a compound described in terms of the central atom to which other atoms are bound or coordinated
- noun: a whole structure (as a building) made up of interconnected or related structures
- adjective: complicated in structure; consisting of interconnected parts
Example: "A complex set of variations based on a simple folk melody"
Search for complex at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse