Definitions of compensate:
- verb: make payment to; compensate
- verb: make amends for; pay compensation for
Example: "She was compensated for the loss of her arm in the accident"
- verb: adjust or make up for
- verb: make reparations or amends for
- verb: make up for shortcomings or a feeling of inferiority by exaggerating good qualities
- verb: do or give something to somebody in return
Search for compensate at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Privacy, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse