Definitions of communicate:
- verb: transmit thoughts or feelings
Example: "He communicated his anxieties to the psychiatrist"
- verb: transmit information
Example: "Please communicate this message to all employees"
- verb: administer communion; in church
- verb: be in verbal contact; interchange information or ideas
Example: "He and his sons haven't communicated for years"
- verb: join or connect
Example: "The rooms communicated"
- verb: receive Communion, in the Catholic church
- verb: transfer to another
Example: "Communicate a disease"
Search for communicate at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse