Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of commission:
- noun: the act of granting authority to undertake certain functions
- noun: an official document issued by a government and conferring on the recipient the rank of an officer in the armed forces
- noun: a formal statement of a command or injunction to do something
- noun: a fee for services rendered based on a percentage of an amount received or collected or agreed to be paid (as distinguished from a salary)
Example: "He works on commission"
- noun: the state of being in good working order and ready for operation
Example: "Put the ships into commission"
- noun: the act of committing a crime
- noun: a special group delegated to consider some matter
- noun: a group of representatives or delegates
- noun: a special assignment that is given to a person or group
- verb: charge with a task
- verb: put into commission; equip for service; of ships
- verb: place an order for
Search for commission at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...