Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of column:
- noun: (architeture) a tall cylindrical vertical upright and used to support a structure
- noun: a vertical structure standing alone and not supporting anything (as a monument or a column of air)
- noun: a vertical glass tube used in column chromatography; a mixture is poured in the top and washed through a stationary substance where components of the mixture are adsorbed selectively to form colored bands
- noun: an article giving opinions or perspectives
- noun: a line of (usually military) units following one after another
- noun: a linear array of numbers one above another
- noun: anything tall and thin approximating the shape of a column or tower
Example: "The test tube held a column of white powder"
Search for column at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...