Definitions of collect:
- noun: a short prayer generally preceding the lesson in the Church of Rome or the Church of England
- verb: call for and obtain payment of
Example: "We collected over a million dollars in outstanding debts"
- verb: gather or collect
- verb: get or bring together
- verb: get or gather together
- verb: assemble or get together
- adjective: payment due by the recipient on delivery
Example: "A collect call"
- adverb: make a telephone call or mail a package so that the recipient pays
Example: "Call collect"
Search for collect at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse