Definitions of collapse:
- noun: a mishap caused by something suddenly falling down or caving in
- noun: an abrupt failure of function or health
- noun: the act of throwing yourself down
- noun: a sudden large decline of business or the prices of stocks (especially one that causes additional failures)
- verb: fold or close up
Example: "Collapse the music stand"
- verb: lose significance, effectiveness, or value
Example: "The stock market collapsed"
- verb: break down, literally or metaphorically
Example: "The wall collapsed"
- verb: cause to burst
- verb: collapse due to fatigue, an illness, or a sudden attack
- verb: fall apart
- verb: suffer a nervous breakdown
Search for collapse at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse